Monday, October 15, 2012

New York Comic Con!

Well, NYCC is over and where to begin? Short answer: it was awesome; full of frenzied drawing and meeting wonderful people, some of whom may be reading this post right now. 

If so, first pop over to Rare Earth Comics where you can see other great works by my partners in inks.  But also, while you're here, take a gander at some of my other, older works off to the righthand side in the "pages" section
only my biggest fans get the free hugs

to the right, sitting Chewbacca, is the unstoppable Dave Robles, who knows to smile for pictures

Also, if you want to reach out, you should know most comic artists (myself included) are, despite being super busy, also super approachable.  So leave a comment or shoot me an email (carlmeff@gmail.com) and let me know what you think of my work or ask any questions you may have. 


Russ Braun
Russ' work

Speaking of super approachable, and in this case, wonderful, comic artists, I got a couple of great portfolio critiques from Russ Braun and Daniel Krall, they were both wise, generous with their time and amazingly talented.  At the risk of turning new readers onto much better artists, go check out their work. 
Daniel Krall
Daniel's work
here's me again, hiding behind comics.. oh the metaphors
That's all I have to say for now.  Pictures from the con abound on REC's facebook page, here it is again! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone who bought a drawing or is reading our work.  Giving your precious time and money in such a chaotically competitive environment is the greatest flattery to our art. Til next time...

3 comments:

CJ Joughin said...

I'm always super impressed by your work. I don't know what your convention schedule is, but it'd be awesome to see you at a con some time.

Carl Meff said...

That would be awesome on a worlds colliding scale :D

lenachandhok said...

It was great to catch up with you this weekend, Meff! I'm glad the show went well for you. :)